A home is a place that still makes you feel happy and soaks up a good sense of joy and health. People are still trying to imbue this house with tons of love and constructive energies and what is easier than structuring a home according to Vastu Shastra’s theory. It is an ancient architectural science fostering a safe and optimistic home, right from the home’s main entrance to the living room, kitchen, bedrooms, puja Ghar, toilet, and other places inside the house. Implementing Vastu tips for house would improve the inflow of holy energy and mental health to members of the household.
Importance of Vastu Shastra
Vastu Shastra is an architectural science that focuses mainly on multiple directions of a living space incorporating the five elements of nature – land, water, fire, air and energy – to create a pleasant environment for the inhabitants of a place filled with harmony, stability, wealth and good health. Emerging from the Vedas, this philosophy relies on different sources of energy, such as solar energy from the earth, gravitational energy, cosmic energy, kinetic energy, light energy, magnetic energy and wind power.
The name “Vastu” comes from the deity of Vastu or Vaastu Purush who is the deity of building design. Vastu Shastra sets out the mathematical principles of architecture according to the various ways in relation to the foundations of residential houses, plots and other architectural structures. Depending on the many measurements, a Vastu for house is calculated to have the optimal locations of different rooms in a residence.
Benefits of Vastu for House
Source – Vastu Shastra Guru
Vastu Shastra is an ancient mixture of architecture, philosophy, astrology and astronomy in the design and building of a house to ensure that good and beneficial energy flows through the land. Implementing the profound science in the directions and location of the rooms and household objects would provide the inhabitants of a home with numerous advantages and balance the celestial forces in the natural environment, thereby ensuring harmony and stability in their lives.
The proper implementation of Vastu shastra for house will bring household financial stability and remove obstacles in the path of opportunity. People can experience financial dependence in their lives and a sense of monetary security.
Harmony at Home
Vastu adds a sense of harmony among Nature’s powerful energies such as sun, moon, light, wind, earth, thermal, magnetic, electrical, and cosmic. This equilibrium bestows a house owner with progress and everlasting wealth.
The blessings of Vastu Purush will erase all obstacles in the path of opportunity and success and encourage the growth of the occupants of living space in their lives.
Following the vast tips for house, any Griha Kalesh among the family members will stave off. It makes the bonds between all the members strong and neutralizes the negative energies that make the relationship sour.
Vastu for East Facing House
It is often believed that the houses, which are more spacious in the east, are blessed with more fortune and more luck. Homes that are wide and lower in the east than in other directions are considered to be the luckiest.
If you have an east-facing home, be careful when you place the entrance to the main door. Always make sure that your entrance is directly in the middle and not in the south-east or the north-east, as these two corners, according to Vastu, are considered unlucky to place the main door in the east-facing property.
East Facing House Vastu Tips
- The Pooja room and the living room in the north-east direction are considered to be very auspicious.
- Organize your kitchen to face east (in the south-east kitchen) or west (in the north-west kitchen) while cooking.
- Avoid dustbin or garbage outside the main entrance or on the north side, especially in the northeast corner.
- If there is a student in the house, keep a crystal globe in the north-east zone.
- Avoid blocking the east side. This can lead to the build-up of negative energies inside the house.
Vastu for North Facing House
North facing the houses is the most common perspective. This is done, as the north-facing house Vastu is the most auspicious according to the Vastu experts. It makes perfect sense that the North is the home of Kuber, the lord of wealth, offers ample opportunities for the occupants to gain abundant wealth.
The houses facing north are the best. Lord Kuber, being the lord of this direction, is very likely to help the occupants of the north-facing property gain wealth. But you also need to make sure you have some other design factors. These include information such as the number and size of the doors, the placement of the kitchen, the bathroom, the puja room, etc. A proper assessment is therefore needed to ensure whether or not it is good or bad for its occupants.
North Facing House Vastu Tips
- For a north-facing property that is good for you and your family, avoid a plot that runs from the north to the south.
- Do not store trash and clutter on the north or north-east side of the house. It is said to have a negative effect on your financial situation and children’s development.
- Bedrooms and toilets also should not be located in the north-east. The master bedroom should be located in the south-west region.
- Placing a Tulsi plant in the north, north-east or even east will ensure that negative energy is converted to positive energy.
- Pooja’s room and living room should be in the north-east.
Vastu for South Facing House
Vastu Shastra is all about handling the energies in space that you have in the best possible way. Most homeowners prefer East-facing homes, as this direction is associated with good luck and prosperity. South-facing homes are generally considered inauspicious and often get a bad rap because of the belief that Lord Yama, the God of Death, lives in the Dakshin or South direction.
South Facing House Vastu Tips
- In case the plot is south facing, Vastu suggests the construction of the main door in the south as it is considered a good indicator.
- Since the south-west side is considered bad for the south-facing plot, there is always an alternative for improvement. The construction of a kitchen in the north-west or south-east corner is considered to be family-friendly. It brings contentment and happiness to the family.
- The south-west corner should not have features such as car porches, septic tanks, gardens or water pumps, as this is associated with loss or health problems.
- Keeping flower pots and planting trees in the house is regarded to be pleasant. When it comes to south-facing houses, it’s best to have large trees and heavy plants in the northeast.
- The right place for the master bedroom is in the south-west corner. If the overhead tank is in the house, the southwest corner is considered to be the best. These directions are considered good for the south-facing plots, and it is advisable to follow them strictly.
Vastu for West Facing House
The major benefit of a western-facing home is that you can enjoy the comfort and the glow of the evening sun until the late hours. Some people genuinely believe that a house in the west will have more wealth and opportunity. They will have no enemies and will be popular both at work and in social situations. West facing homes is meant to be ideal for people who are politicians, business owners, teachers, and religious leaders. It’s also meant to be good for young people, as it brings energy and pleasure.
West Facing House Vastu Tips
- Do not provide a slope towards the west, as this will lead to disputes with partners. It may also result in a house robbery having a slope to the west.
- Construct a slope towards the northeast zone of the plot to increase the energy in the opposite direction.
- Avoid plotting with Veedhi Shoola (road end) on the south-west side of the plot. Street focus can be hazardous to health in this area.
- Master bedroom in South West is the best; if the house has multiple floors, the master bedroom is located on the top floor.
- Never have a kitchen in the South West of the house.
General Vastu Tips for House
Source – Trimurty
- Constant tap dripping produces negative energy and results in a deterioration of health. Make sure you don’t drip the taps in your house.
- Planting Basil or / and Tulsi cleans the air in the house. Avoid plants such as rubber, cactus, Bonsai and other milky plants. They might add to your illness and stress.
- Do not build stairs or toilets in the northeast corner of your home; it causes health problems and hinders the growth of children.
- The master bedroom in the south-west direction ensures physical and mental stability. Never build a bedroom in the northeast direction; it causes health problems.
- Always lie down with your head in the direction of the south while you sleep. It promotes a peaceful, healthy lifestyle. Sleeping with the head in the north direction is not a good idea, as it causes stress and aches.
- East is considered the best way to cook and eat, as it promotes effective digestion and good health.
Vastu helps you capture living spaces to a specific order that sets the equation between the cosmic energies and the people living in the premises. A person observes physical, spiritual, and also material well-being. It creates a rhythm and balance in the atmosphere, ensuring a better life.